Infrastructure Engineering Corporation (IEC) is seeking a hydraulic modeler to work on various water/wastewater and water resources projects. This position can be based in any of our California offices, preferably our City of San Jose office.
- The person in this role will work as part of an interdisciplinary team on a variety of water resources and water/wastewater engineering projects.
- Work under more-senior modelers, using prescribed or approved innovative methods in various data analysis and modeling assignments as part of hydraulic analysis, planning and design projects.
- Assist with water distribution and/or wastewater collection system hydraulic modeling, master planning and related projects.
- Prepare reports, technical memoranda and other related deliverables.
- Work with multidisciplinary design teams in the preparation of engineering design packages, and participate in quality reviews.
- Work directly with owners/clients, engineering teams, permitting and regulatory agencies, and subconsultants.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Aid business development endeavors
- Professional Development
- Related knowledge and experience in water distribution and wastewater collection system hydraulic modeling and related water conservation and water resources studies.
- Solid knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic concepts
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (InfoWater, Arc GIS, AutoCAD).
- Able to perform data analysis with Excel.
- Experience working with ArcGIS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental or mechanical engineering or related discipline; MS a plus.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Collaborative and works well in teams
- Strong attention to detail a plus.
- Knowledge of R, Python, or other coding packages a plus.
- PE or ability to get within 2 years of employment.
As an employee-owned firm, IEC offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to a maintaining a positive work/life experience. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please email resume with references to Annette Moore – email@example.com